Journey

Journey

Friday, May 9, 2014

Someday

These are the thoughts that go through my mind each day as I am trying to journey here...


Someday I will be able to walk across my living room without stepping on a toy.

Someday I will be able to go to the grocery store without having to get hit in the shins with those "cute" little red carts.  Bless the person who designed those things.

Someday I won't spend my day wiping things...noses, bottoms, hands, counters, floors, tears.

Someday I will be able to read my devotions at 6:30am without a little knock on my door.

Someday I will go for a walk without having to pack strollers, bikes, snacks, books, drinks, toys. 

Someday I will be able to go to Walmart and get through my short list without having to sprint to the bathroom for the sake of one of my girls.

Someday I won't have to hear "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" being played on my piano over and over.

Someday I won't have to share my lunch.

Someday I won't have to plan my day around nap time.

Someday I will be able to take a shower without an audience.

Someday I won't have to keep track of reading time and AR points and spelling lists and memory work.

Someday I won't hear the words 'Mom' and 'Why?' 756 times per day.

Someday my schedule won't consist of running people from here to there.

Someday I will be able to eat a warm meal.

Someday I will get to watch a movie other than Frozen.

Someday I won't have to drive a bus.

Someday my man and I will be able to have an uninterrupted conversation.

Someday I won't have 8 loads of laundry to do every few days.

Someday my purse won't be used to haul snacks, drinks, and extra clothes.

Someday I won't have to break up a fight.

Someday they won't ask to go to the park every.single.day.

Someday getting out the door won't include yelling and screaming and running late. 

Someday I won't feel so overwhelmed everyday.

Someday they will be too big to fit on my lap...

Someday I will wish that time would just stand still...

Someday I won't lose sleep worrying about their tomorrow...

Someday I will wake up...and they won't be here...

Someday they will grow up and spread their wings...




Someday he will be a dad...

Someday he will be able to use the gifts God has given him to work for His glory...

Someday I will have to let him go...








Someday she will have a family of her own...

Someday God will use her Spanish in ways that we cannot imagine...

Someday she will understand that life isn't always fair, but that God is always good...






Someday she will have the confidence to run and never look back...

Someday she will giggle at her own blonde-haired, blue-eyed baby...

Someday she won't ask me to read her a story...






Someday she will be grown up, but she will always be our baby...

Someday she will tunnel her energy and do something big...


Someday she will give her hugs and kisses to babies of her own...





Someday they won't all live under one roof...

Someday we won't be just a family of 6...

Someday God will lead them down a path that might take them away from here...

Someday I will be more than their mom, I will be a friend...

Someday I will be a phone call away...

Someday I will look back and wonder where the time went...

Someday I will long for the days when they were all little, with little problems...

Someday my today will become a whole bunch of yesterdays, and I will be left wishing for one.more.day...so for today I am going to celebrate that I am a Mom to 4 littles who have big dreams for someday...


Please note that apparently my need/desire to blog did not end with my fast on May 1.  You may notice a new name and layout, but it's still the same-old me, trying to do Life's Journey Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment