Journey

Journey

Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1 of Many

"I heard about this girl who went 6 months without spending any money on clothes for herself."

Those were the words that my husband spoke to me, which began a short, but powerful conversation.  We were driving home from a kid-free day, part of which was spent doing some fabulous speed-shopping at both a regular and outlet mall.   

My initial thought was that whoever this girl is that he is speaking of, she must live under a rock.  I don't know very many girls or ladies, who could or would want to do that.  But I pried a little deeper..."What is your point exactly?" I asked my husband.

"I think we can do with a lot less."

And so my 6-month challenge begins today, on November 1st and goes until May 1, 2014.  

That feels like a really long time to me.  We will have Dutch Costumes all hemmed and ready to be worn for Tulip Time...spring flowers will be in full bloom...winter will just be memories on our cameras...and school will be a month away from dismissing for the summer.  

A lot of things happen in a 6-month period of time.  And I am hoping that something HUGE happens in me during the next 6 months.  I pray that my eyes will be opened to the true definition of a need vs a want...I pray that I will be able to model to my children what living with less looks like, so one day they will know that true joy doesn't come from what you have, but rather what you can give out of your abundance...I pray that God will give me His eyes, so I can see myself the way that He does...I pray that God will work in me in ways that He has never done before.

So walk with me, Lindsay, as I Fast for Less.



Please note that this Blog is under my husband's name, only because he was at work, I was ready to get going on this, and I had no clue how to change it from his name to mine.  He is the tech-savvy one at our house, and I like it that way.  So walk with me, Lindsay, wife of Zach, mother of Holden, Emerson, Breckyn & Taityn as I Fast for Less.




No comments:

Post a Comment