Journey

Journey

Monday, November 4, 2013

Disclaimer

This post was a suggestion from my husband, who also happens to be my editor.

He knows me well, and yet he still loves me.  More on that in a later post perhaps.

For now, I need to let you in on a little secret...Friday was the first time ever in my life that I have written any type of blog.  For real.  If fact, Friday was really the first day that I gave it any thought.

I shared with the ladies in my "Bible Study" Group(I have to use those little things, because my husband is sure that we talk more than we study the Bible.  And he is right.  We are more like a "Do Life Together" Group.  Or something like that.  After an intense study we did take a little respite from any type of formal material, and now we are back on track reading What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, which I referenced in an earlier post.) the plan I had to take a 6-month hiatus from spending any money on clothes for myself.  Two of the ladies in my group are bloggers, and encouraged me to do the same.

I laughed.

Then Friday one of them bid me a "Happy 1st Day" message on Facebook, encouraged me again to blog, and 5 minutes later I had a name picked out, and my first entry written.

That must have been an act of God, because I don't usually have 5 uninterrupted minutes in which to think straight, let alone get a catchy name chosen for my blog.

Anyway, that said, my husband brought up a good point last night: Why exactly am I writing this blog?  Is it for a certain amount of glory?  Is it so that when you see me you can commend me?  Am I looking for some recognition?

Nope.

I think Jen Hatmaker sums it up best in her book Seven:

"I'm so not here to boss you or make you feel guilty.  I don't have an agenda with you other than sharing our(my) little journey of reduction, and if you find a point of connection meaningful to your story, marvelous."

I am not blogging about my 6-month fast out of arrogance, but rather repentence.  In fact, if God had't lead me to start this, I would have been very happy walking this journey alone.  But that's the neat thing about life...God intended us to do it together.  Even when that puts us in a very vulnerable open-book situation...like the one I have found myself in here.

So I will keep typing, because it seems that a few of you are intrigued with what I am doing, how I am doing it, and with what I am going to learn from it.

I am going to leave you today with some words from Sarah Young's Jesus Calling:

"Walk peacefully with Me through this day.  You are wondering how you will cope with all that is expected of you.  You must traverse this day like any other: one step at a time.  Instead of mentally rehearsing how you will do this or that, keep your mind on My Presence and on taking the next step.  The more demanding your day, the more help you can expect from Me.  This is a training opportunity, since I designed you for deep dependence on your Shepherd-King.  Challenging times wake you up and amplify your awareness of needing My help.

When you don't know what to do, wait while I open the way before you.  Trust that I know what I'm doing, and be ready to follow My lead.  I will give strength to you, and I will bless you with Peace."

I just love it when what I am hearing from God is being confirmed through other avenues.



Please note that I really don't read as many self-help books as I might indicate.  I just happen to find a couple of good nuggets on the few pages that I did read.  





No comments:

Post a Comment